Controller board that makes it easy to connect 4-bit interface monochrome displays to a computer using USB.
- Epson S1D13700 controller
- USB interface
- DC/DC converter for negative VEE voltage
- Maximum supported resolution 640 x 240
- Backlight brightness control
- Generic 2.54 mm pitch connector, 14 pin 1.25 mm FFC connector and 12 pin 1.25 mm FFC connector for connecting the display (12 pin FFC connector is not included in the default configuration, if it is needed you should specify this while ordering)
- User customizable startup image
- Size 60 x 50 mm
- Programmable S1D13700 clock frequency
- 14 general purpose I/O pins
- I/O interface can also support SPI
- Adjustable backlight PWM frequency allows using a frequency that is the best match for your display
- Separate CCFL inverter dimming signal that can be configured for 3.3V, 5V or 12V level
- Powered from 5V usually. 12V power input is only needed if the display or backlight needs it
- Optionally can be configured to use USB power if used with a low power display
- Supports 3.3V and 5V displays
Drivers for software including
You can also suggest other software for which you'd like to see support.
Custom application development using the provided DLL API is supported. The API also gives the option to use direct S1D13700 commands giving full access to the S1D13700 features if preferred. This can be also useful for porting existing code to use the USB board.
OS support includes Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 32/64-bit. The controller works also with Linux and support for more software in Linux is currently under development.
Generic display connector pinout
|1||FPFRAME||First line marker|
|11||+5V||Power supply for display (+5V)|
|12||+5V||Power supply for display (+5V)|
|13||MOD||Alternate (M / MOD / WF)|
|14||/DISPOFF||Display On / Off|
|15||VEE||Power supply for LCD drive|
|16||VADJ||LCD contrast adjust voltage|
|17||+3.3V||Power supply for display (+3.3V)|
|19||+12V||Power supply for display (+12V)|
|20||+12V||Power supply for display (+12V)|
Configuration tool http://www.lcdinfo.com/usb13700/config_tool.pdf
USB13700 section in the forum http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewforum.php?f=19
Display library compatible with USB13700 http://mylcd.sourceforge.net/index.html
It is also possible to make custom versions of the hardware and software. If your application would need a customized version of the USB13700 controller board or some custom support software developed please get in touch and we can discuss about the possibilities.